Smarter cities require smarter solutions, and Metropia's latest technology allows agencies and commuters to work hand-in-hand, exchanging data across the Metropia Synergy platform to solve the region’s mobility problems together.
Combining Metropia’s personal mobility data and predictions of future traffic along with multi-sourced fused data, Metropia provides Urban Analytics capabilities to help agencies prioritize and evaluate strategies to accommodate day-to-day demand and increase system mobility and reliability. Metropia enhances Transportation System Maintenance and Operation effectiveness to directly achieve safety, system performance improvements, and enable real-time operational interventions.
Urban Analytics Capabilities include:
- Integrating Activity Based Models (ABM) with Dynamic Traffic Assignment (DTA)
- Developing multi-resolution models to provide robust, sophisticated and practical frameworks for transportation system operations analysis
- Using emerging technologies to collect information on traffic behavior, traveler patterns and mobility/reliability performance measures
- Applying “Big Data Analytics” to support decision making and planning processes
- Supporting “Smart and Connected Cities” monitoring including transportation system performance and efficiency
- Supporting demand and traffic operations management for evacuation planning, incident management and large venue and stadium management
- Analyzing incentive-based strategies such as User Based Insurance (UBI)
See Urban Analytics in Action